gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104338 Posts in 16331 Topics by 743 Members - Latest Member: Dashx April 29, 2024, 12:31:34 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Who loves metal?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who loves metal?  (Read 10717 times)

Kuvili

Re: Who loves metal?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 03:08:20 AM »
I had the chance to see Soilwork live in houston last november and I must say they were amazing. Darkane and Strapping Young Lad were also there with them. I didn't stay to see Fear Factory though :( But yeah, Soilwork is probably my favorite metal band, and I thank Moss for introducing me to them :) <3 teh moss

atmos

• Happy Cake Oven
  • RoI VIP
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 03:48:11 AM »
I enjoy Scar Symmetry moreso than i do Soilwork, better death and clean vocals, with matching guitar leads.

Marduk - Echos from the Past

Kuvili

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »
I dunno, I was introduced to metal through soilwork so they'll always hold a place in my heart :x

Kuvili

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »
Right now though I've been listening to heavy electronic/industrial/gothic/drum'n'bass beats with some Tool/APC thrown in the mix. It's probably my favorite genre's of music :\ If you wanna see my current playlist you can check it out: http://members.cox.net/orio

Velvet Acid Christ - Fun With Knives

Apathy

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »
roks loves hiphop

Myrhev

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006, 02:22:11 AM »
Anyone noticed that a lot, if not most, of the good metal these days seems to be coming from Swedan?

Moss

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 06:16:14 AM »
Somewhat. Finland puts out a lot of good bands, Norway, Germany, Sweden, etc.. lots of good stuff comes out of Japan too. Canada also conjurs up some great bands here and there. I find it hard to give the USA some credit lately when all they want to do is market metalcore/screamo/numetal bands out of the ass...which is fine but they really are losing the essence the genre and spreading falsehood as to what is actually metal when doing that. For Fucks sake I saw Will Smith's wife in a crappy Nu-Metal band on David Letterman...it really spreads some horrible falsehood on the genre. There are great "true" bands from USA though.

Yes I take metal very very seriously!

np - Summoning - Dagor Bragollach

Lidden

• RoI VIP
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 09:00:45 AM »
I like metalcore :(

deus

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
Here ya go --------------------------------------------http://youtube.com/watch?v=aS_IYe5JTZ4&search=arpeggios%20from%20hell

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Who loves metal?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx