gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104270 Posts in 16321 Topics by 741 Members - Latest Member: Dacono March 28, 2024, 01:46:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Merge with Druzzil
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Merge with Druzzil  (Read 10492 times)

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
Merge with Druzzil
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:34:27 PM »
On January 21, 2009, EQ  will be consolidating "The Combine" server and "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr)" server into one server to be titled "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr, Combine)." The merge will begin at 3 a.m. PST and will last approximately five hours.

In addition, in conjunction with the upcoming EQ 10th Anniversary celebration, SOE is expecting to add a new EQ server in March 2009 and players will be able to vote on a new server type. To provide your input on the type of server you'd like, visit EQplayers.com in January.

We hope that these changes will provide players with an even more enjoyable EQ experience.

Character Names

Priority for character names will be based on the date the character was first created. Subsequent players with the same name will have an "x" appended to their name until a unique name can be determined. The same process will be applied to guild names. Players who wish to change their names can type "/changename" into their chat windows. Guilds that wish to change their names will need to use the "/petition" command.

Inactive Characters

Accounts with characters below level 10 that have been inactive for six months or more will be purged from the EQ system.

Accounts with More Than Eight Characters

Accounts with characters on the merging servers will have their character names alphabetized, and only the first eight listed will be accessible until characters are deleted to make room. Any characters past the first 8 are not deleted, they are simply inaccessible until one of the first 8 is deleted to make room.

Shared Banks

If a player's account has characters on both servers, the most recently updated bank will have priority unless it is empty. Players must empty out the shared bank they don't want to keep before the merge. If players wind up with the wrong shared bank (they didn't empty out the other one in time, etc.) they can use "/petition" to have the other shared bank copied over.

UI and Character Settings

All character UI and character settings will need to be reset.

Corpses

All corpses will be sent to Shadowrest.

EQ players

Player information will be updated to reflect new names/guilds/servers.

Artifacts

New servers will allow two of the same artifacts.

Server Transfers

Free server transfers from the surviving server (Druzzil Ro) will not be available in connection with this server merge.

Ganand

• RoI VIP
Re: Merge with Druzzil
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »
Man we are leagues ahead of Druzzil ro, shouldn't the server remain The combine?

Porcinet

• RoI VIP
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »
I just got the email from sony...
Is this a bad or good news for us? Al I really hope is that we will remain the #1 guild of the server and be able to recruit more members!

Patchers

• RoI VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:50:40 PM »
Well I figured Calixto was playing a good one on us, but if Porc got the mail too then it must be real, and SoE is really just that stupid.

The servers are Druzzil Ro(Xev), or Drinal(Tarrow Marr). If they really are merging us...Don't you feel like your character is in good hands!

Half of us will end up on Drinal, half on Druzzil.

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:53:20 PM »
Man we are leagues ahead of Druzzil ro, shouldn't the server remain The combine?

When they did merges in 2005 the higher population server kept its name.

Atnuob

• RoI VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
man i guess it doesn't add your post if someoen else hits the post button at the same time.

n we'll get recruits cuz we are DragonKin!

Lugarr

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »
Pravus Mortis is the top guild on Druzzil and according to progression chart they have only beaten 2 events in MMM along with BB / Queen as far as top content goes. 

The servers are Druzzil Ro(Xev), or Drinal(Tarrow Marr). If they really are merging us...Don't you feel like your character is in good hands!

On January 21, 2009, EQ will be consolidating "The Combine" server and "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr)" server into ONE server to be titled "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr, Combine)

The Devs are dumb and seems got the names wrong, but I don't see an "or" in there anywhere.  I'm sure they aren't going to put half on one server and half on another.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:05:54 AM by Lugarr »

Patchers

• RoI VIP
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 12:10:50 AM »
Pravus Mortis is the top guild on Druzzil and according to progression chart they have only beaten 2 events in MMM along with BB / Queen as far as top content goes. 

On January 21, 2009, EQ will be consolidating "The Combine" server and "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr)" server into ONE server to be titled "Druzzil Ro (Tarew Marr, Combine)

The Devs are dumb and seems got the names wrong, but I don't see an "or" in there anywhere.  I'm sure they aren't going to put half on one server and half on another.

You just said it youself. I was saying it sarcastically because the devs are indeed dumb. Jim and Joe will be in charge or moving everyone's characters, but Jim read Druzzil Ro(Tarrew Marr) and sent his half of the characters to Druzzil, while Joe gets tarrew marr stuck in his head and sends his half to Drinal. I'd give it a 50/50 chance.  :P

Apheun

• RoI VIP
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »
Yarp. . . SOE is known for its stupidity. 

And this is legit.  Server merge is fo real, bitches.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1375229 - The Lizard God, Testiculyz

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1375736 - The Gnomish Pimp, Kikinas Takinames

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »
I just checked on this.  It's Druzzil Ro (Xev) that the Combine will be joining.

Quote from Aristo on eqlive.

ssrath

• RoI VIP
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
WTF why cant it be The Combine(Druzzil, Tarew Marr) I don't wanna say "I play on the Druzzil ro server" F that  >:(... this means everyone will have to use their "of the Combine" suffixes at all times.

Porcinet

• RoI VIP
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
this means everyone will have to use their "of the Combine" suffixes at all times.
Damn right, fuck The sleeper and druzil. Long live to the combine!!!

Philphans

• RoI VIP
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 02:12:12 AM »
WTF why cant it be The Combine(Druzzil, Tarew Marr) I don't wanna say "I play on the Druzzil ro server" F that  >:(... this means everyone will have to use their "of the Combine" suffixes at all times.

I am using my of the sleeper suffix now... no combine suffix here. all our officers are of the sleeper as well . So FKU
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:13:56 AM by Philphans »

suck my **Halfling** calixto

Ryft

• RoI Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »

I am using my of the sleeper suffix no... no combine suffix here. all our officers are of the sleeper as well . So FKU

Qulas

• RoI App
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 02:38:16 AM »
Greeting and Salutations Realm of Insanity.

Let me be the first to welcome you all to the Druzzil Ro server.  I hope you all will enjoy the new server.  Hopefully the merging of the servers will give both of us what we are missing.  Druzzil has not had a reputable higher end guild in quite some time, this will change on January 21.  Hopefully with the merge your raid numbers will be able to flourish on the new server.  I wish you all the best of luck in the future on the Druzzil server!

Qulas

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Merge with Druzzil

gfxgfx
gfx gfx