gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104333 Posts in 16330 Topics by 743 Members - Latest Member: Dashx April 28, 2024, 04:56:12 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Non-EQ related question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Non-EQ related question  (Read 2607 times)

Draxxen

Non-EQ related question
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:39:03 AM »
Hey guys.

Just a quick question.  I have a picture that I got from the internet and am looking to resize it from 64x128 to 256x512.  I cannot find it anywhere on the internet in a larger size, and when i size it myself, I run into the issue of lack of clarity/distorted/fuzzy.

I am wondering if any of you have an idea of a program that i could use, an idea i could try, or anything like that to make it look decent when i resize it.  I tried fixing it in paint via a scale model, but it turned out to be a horrid waste of time.  Any help would be much appreciated =)

many thanks guys, and i am counting down the days...

yall take care,
draxxen - cleric

Foodle

Re: Non-EQ related question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 12:54:18 PM »

Etrius

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:39:14 PM »
Yeah, you can use several programs to help you out. However, do understand when you are trying to go from a smaller resolution picture to a larger resolution, some fuzziness and distortion will always occur.

Draxxen

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:16:51 AM »
Hey guys.

thanks for the help.  still working on it.  found that I could download adobe photoshop and figure it out from there (the shareware link above went to a dead site).  thanks again guys, and i am still open to any other suggestions.

yall take care, and see you gameside (non-beta gameside =P)

thanks again,
draxxen - cleric

Tyrae

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »
You'll have to touch up the picture yourself because it'll pixelate when you go from a smaller resolution to a larger one like mentioned above. All depends on what the pixel count of the original image was.

Kryai

• :():
  • RoI VIP
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 02:13:04 AM »
get linux, it will do anything you need that is productive for free~

Draxxen

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »
hey again,

lol Tyrae.  yeah...  that was what i was trying to avoid =(.   don't want to spend an inordinant amount of time fixing it up, but it is something i like.  just was hoping i wouldn't have to do it myself.   back to ol' adobe photoshop  =(

and kyrai...  if i got linux, i would do a ton more with it than just fix pixellated pictures.  first off, i would figure out how to operate the thing, and then I would do some more ambitious things (but it's too late right now to come up with something ambitious...)   anyway, thanks again guys, and looking forward to the launch date, and all that fun jazz,

thanks again, and take care yall
draxxen - cleric

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Non-EQ related question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx