gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104338 Posts in 16331 Topics by 743 Members - Latest Member: Dashx April 29, 2024, 12:19:30 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Preformed guilds for Combine server...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Preformed guilds for Combine server...  (Read 2967 times)

Carmein

Preformed guilds for Combine server...
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:02:53 AM »
 found this on the nameless board. got a kick out of it...

Xaiveir posted

Having a pre made guild ready for when it opens will give us a great advantage in Leveling and grouping capabilities.

Post if you are leaning on playing there.

lyion Responds

Let me spare you the pain.

This is what will happen with wide open NT membership:

First, you'll get a bunch who sign up. About 1/3 might show up. A week later you'll be subdivided with the lifers and the casuals each in their own group, with a few tag alongs like Ralf who play once a month.

Next, some chick will create tension and strife in typical NT attention ho faction causing the guild to crater and be reformed or regurgatited or possibly just reviled.

Finally, you'll get a small group who form a hardcore click that does well, but is the consistent scorn of many due to being elitists pricks for actually being good at the game. Another NT ho will cause this group to die due to the fact one of the hardcore people will realize trim is greater than redoing 6 year old EQ content and leave.

At the end you'll have wasted between 1 day and 1 year and realize this is a complete asstastic treadmilling game not close to the depth or fun of EQ2, WOW, or even Battleship and leave en masse.

Do yourself a favor and be Pauls sloppy seconds before putting yourself through the pain of trying to fight the EQ level and drama wars with an open NT guild again.

Ultor

Re: Preformed guilds for Combine server...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »
WTF Playing EQ won't gimme chicks and a job?
I won't the most famous guy ever and be invited to talk shows to show everyone how amazing I am at EQ
Playing a GAME is a waste of time?

OMG great infos here

Valcor

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:48:23 AM »
Lol did anyone else reply to that thread after that?

Waddy

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36:49 PM »
"At the end you'll have wasted between 1 day and 1 year and realize this is a complete asstastic treadmilling game"

I don't really think anyone wastes their time doing any game more or less than another. It's a waste of time to play any of these games that's why we do it...

Would take a pretty shitty managed guild to let 1 person cause a guild fall out. I've been there where it has and hasn't, it's all in how the leadership handles it.

The other thing is, anyone else out there that is like me. Those of us who never got to experience plane of fear / hate / sky and kill vox/nag, that's going to be good fun for us. In the end, we will all get exactly what we want from this server. Those that want to be apart of a hardcore raid guild will.

Those who do get bored of old content, get a rl, get a gf/bf, random excuse here and or the world ends will not. Let's stop predicting what's going to happen and just let it happen.

Kelvas

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 12:52:24 AM »
depth of WoW ?

Aszuth

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »
depth of WoW ?

Oxymoron I think is the word you're looking for

Xaylen

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »
Heh, depth of WoW.  Let's think; WoW's PvP?  Horrible.  Balance?  Laughable.  PvE?  Good, but no where near the depth of EQ.

So...I'd like to know where WoW has depth or is even a good game compared to others.

This progression server should be a *ton* of fun, especially if you can be a part of the dominating guild.  For those that started playing EQ too late, it gives them a chance to relive the beginning.  For those that have been there, they get to immerse themselves back in their memories but with a new group of people.

We all know what to expect, I doubt any of it will come as a surprise

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  Preformed guilds for Combine server...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx