gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104320 Posts in 16327 Topics by 742 Members - Latest Member: Dacono April 20, 2024, 11:59:01 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Site Issues  |  Updated forum software to version 1.1.17
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Updated forum software to version 1.1.17  (Read 2734 times)

Hilyen

• Administrator
Updated forum software to version 1.1.17
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »
Upgraded password security to require more complex passwords.
Added security notice to PM send window.

When creating a password, I suggest you make it at least 8 characters and contain numbers and letters.

A good way to memorize a new password, is create a sentence in your head that you can remember with 8 or so words in it. Then take the first/last (or what you choose) character of each word to make up the password.

For example: "My dog ate the entire zebra and smiled" would be "MdatEzas" then add a number you can remember to it before or after or in the middle. So you have "MdatEzas54". (Obviously don't use this example password, haha.)

I suggest never sharing your password, but if you must, do it some way safer than through a non SSL'd website (No green lock in address bar? Not secure!).

Maybe verbally over the phone or via cell phone text. And do not store any login info on your computer! Write it down on a notebook or paper and keep it somewhere safe, or if you're savvy, use an encrypted container (google truecrypt).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:18:41 AM by Hilyen »

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
Re: Updated forum software to version 1.1.17
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
If you actually care about password security, use a password manager/generator. (Randomly generated password like one I might use on a site I care about: "TyE?9?o;LU$RRA4rYJ=nQFyN^ZN)UuT7JjfuCF7xpZ".) If you don't but want to pretend you do, make the password as long as possible, because extra length far and away the most computationally intensive thing for a cracker to calculate.

Philphans

• RoI VIP
Re: Updated forum software to version 1.1.17
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:33:57 AM »
wtf calixto.. you racist. Who are you calling a cracker?

suck my **Halfling** calixto

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Site Issues  |  Updated forum software to version 1.1.17

gfxgfx
gfx gfx