gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104333 Posts in 16330 Topics by 743 Members - Latest Member: Dashx April 27, 2024, 05:46:39 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  America, fuck yea!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: America, fuck yea!  (Read 16167 times)

Atvar

• RoI Member
Re: America, fuck yea!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 12:48:36 AM »
As good as killing Osama is, he was just 1 man in a largely decentralized terrorist network.  Hopefully we can use the papers and computer drives that were seized to put a real dent into Al-Qaeda. 

Zama

• RoI VIP
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:49 AM »
Am I the only one who is concerned that there could be retaliation?
Sony getting hacked is Al-Quade's response to bin laden getting killed.
Emotions are the enemy of efficiency.

Philphans

• RoI VIP
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Am I the only one who is concerned that there could be retaliation?

There could of been more terrorist attacks without us killing him... after all they did initiate the whole mess.  To me this puts us in no worse of a position then before. If anything it should serve as a deterrant. The moment you pull off something like 9/11 you get hunted and killed no matter how long it takes.

suck my **Halfling** calixto

Apheun

• RoI VIP
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
Ugh... Afghanistan did not initiate the animosity between nations.  If anything, the U.S. did that by training Afghani tribesman to fight a proxy war against the USSR during the cold war then abandoning those Afghanis after the coldwar ended (read: interrupted their way of life, trained them to fight, then tossed them aside when we no longer had use for them (read: gave them military training then left them without a way to provide food for themselves).

Obviously, that doesn't in any way justify killing civilians.  No doubt, terrorist actions are unconscionable.  Even so, rejoicing in the death of other humans is barbaric and unbecoming of any civilized human being, let alone a world "super-power".  

The unbridled revelry of my fellow citizens has left me ashamed of my culture and afraid for the future of this planet.  Without the understanding that death is always a solemn occassion, we are one matchstick away from a nationalist movement like the one seen in the early 2000's which led to the instigation of 2 unjustified wars and countless lost lives and damaged international relationships.  

I never thought I would say this, but it's time we all grew up, at least with respect to issues like this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:54:59 PM by Apheun »

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1375229 - The Lizard God, Testiculyz

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1375736 - The Gnomish Pimp, Kikinas Takinames

Szeria

• RoI VIP
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
rejoicing in the death of other humans is barbaric and unbecoming of any civilized human being
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Pyro

• RoI VIP
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
Ugh... Afghanistan did not initiate the animosity between nations.  If anything, the U.S. did that by training Afghani tribesman to fight a proxy war against the USSR during the cold war then abandoning those Afghanis after the coldwar ended (read: interrupted their way of life, trained them to fight, then tossed them aside when we no longer had use for them (read: gave them military training then left them without a way to provide food for themselves).

Obviously, that doesn't in any way justify killing civilians.  No doubt, terrorist actions are unconscionable.  Even so, rejoicing in the death of other humans is barbaric and unbecoming of any civilized human being, let alone a world "super-power".  

The unbridled revelry of my fellow citizens has left me ashamed of my culture and afraid for the future of this planet.  Without the understanding that death is always a solemn occassion, we are one matchstick away from a nationalist movement like the one seen in the early 2000's which led to the instigation of 2 unjustified wars and countless lost lives and damaged international relationships.  

I never thought I would say this, but it's time we all grew up, at least with respect to issues like this.

LOOK, IF U R TALKING SHIT ABOUT AMERICA MAN, IM GONNA KICK UR ASS.

Longears

• RoI VIP
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
Aphuen is a terrorist

Apheun

• RoI VIP
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
Lol.  Now those are responses I would expect from ROI guildies.  Thanks for not letting me down.

Qulas

• RoI App
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »

I'm happy the man responsible for killing thousands of american civilians and behind countless acts of terrorism against the country has finally been given justice.  I am not celebrating death, I am celebrating a victory for the country in which I live in.  I'm celebrating the raid of his hideout and the fact that over 10 computers were recovered all with a shit ton of data that will likely bring many more of terrorists to justice.  I'm tired of sending off countless cousins who get deployed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, because of this war on terror that all started because of the terrorist attacks that this man was behind.   I'm tired of not knowing if my cousins are going to come back alive after they get deployed.  I'm tired of TSA patting my balls and sticking their fingers in my butthole because they're worried about terrorist attacks.  I'm tired of wondering if when watching the Superbowl a plane is gonna crash in the middle of the stadium and kill more civilians for no reason.

I'm tired of this needless war on terror, which is finally getting some resolution, and hopefully and end here soon.

Gamgan

• RoI VIP
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
Aphuen is a terrorist

He just knows his history a little bit better than most.  Sort of ironic that most of those weapons killing the troops overseas have "Made in USA" stamped on them.

As for the topic on hand, the world has become a little better place, but as previously pointed out, one man will hardly make a difference in the terrorist network.  I am somewhat concerned about the "shoot first, ask questions later" way this raid was conducted (confirmed kill instead of capture operation).  Hopefully this operation doesn't set a precedence on how justice will be served in the future.

Apheun

• RoI VIP
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
I'm tired of sending off countless cousins who get deployed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, because of this war on terror that all started because of the terrorist attacks that this man was behind.

I'm tired of this needless war on terror, which is finally getting some resolution, and hopefully and end here soon.

The war on terror, as former president Bush described it, is a farce.  Terrorist organizations are not nations, nor are they cohesive groups of individuals who are in any way identifiable aside from their activities.  A true "war on terror" would involve only small groups of highly trained intelligence and combat forces, not tremendous occupation forces that were sent to countries which have less affiliation with terrorist organizations than many of their neighbors.  Afghanistan and Iraq were chosen for reasons outside of harboring Al-Queda members (which, btw is a catch-all phrase used to describe a myriad of organizations with very different practices and goals - read, it's not even a real thing) and countries which openly support terrorists have not been meddled with.

I can understand the human desire for vengeance.  I can understand relief at the falling of one's enemies.  But again, rejoicing at the death of another human being is unbecoming of a civilized human being.  

Further, swallowing everything the American media says whole-sale is a great way to be completely misinformed about the reality behind international affairs which would bring you to expect that there will be a "resolution" to the terrorist dogma of the last decade.  There is no resolution, because you are not fighting against people, you are fighting against sentiments. Watch Wag the Dog.  Terrorism keeps government relevant, whether there is a threat or not, because it will never go away and people are always terrified of possibilities.

Now, it might sound like I'm trying to shit on your parade.  I'm not; have your parade.  Just know that there is a better way to be, and this is not it.

Please don't misunderstand.  I love ROI partly for it's unapologetic in-your-face-fuckery.  This situation is no different.  And even if you chose to be a barbarian about it, I love you nonetheless.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:57:16 PM by Apheun »

lexy

• RoI VIP
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
I'm tired of sending off countless cousins who get deployed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, because of this war on terror that all started because of the terrorist attacks that this man was behind.

The war on terror, as former president Bush described it, is a farce.  Terrorist organizations are not nations, nor are they cohesive groups of individuals who are in any way identifiable aside from their activities.  A true "war on terror" would involve only small groups of highly trained intelligence and combat forces, not tremendous occupation forces that were sent to countries which have less affiliation with terrorist organizations than many of their neighbors.  Afghanistan and Iraq were chosen for reasons outside of harboring Al-Queda members (which, btw is a catch-all phrase used to describe a myriad of organizations with very different practices and goals - read, it's not even a real thing) and countries which openly support terrorists have not been meddled with.

I can understand the human desire for vengeance.  I can understand relief at the falling of one's enemies.  But again, rejoicing at the death of another human being is unbecoming of a civilized human being.  

Further, swallowing everything the American media says whole-sale is a great way to be completely misinformed about the reality behind international affairs which would bring you to expect that there will be a "resolution" to the terrorist dogma of the last decade.  There is no resolution, because you are not fighting against people, you are fighting against sentiments. Watch Wag the Dog.  Terrorism keeps government relevant, whether there is a threat or not, because it will never go away and people are always terrified of possibilities.

Now, it might sound like I'm trying to shit on your parade.  I'm not; have your parade.  Just know that there is a better way to be, and this is not it.

Please don't misunderstand.  I love ROI partly for it's unapologetic in-your-face-fuckery.  This situation is no different.  And even if you chose to be a barbarian about it, I love you nonetheless.

Yet that bastard OBL was the man behind thousands of deaths, many of them my fellow Americans. I am glad he is no longer able to do what he did before.
If you light yourself on fire, the world will pay to watch you burn.

Gamgan

• RoI VIP
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 05:56:28 PM »
Yet that bastard OBL was the man behind thousands of deaths, many of them my fellow Americans. I am glad he is no longer able to do what he did before.

To play a bit of a devil's advocate, I do wonder which "side" killed more civilians over the last decade.  Rhetorical question, I know, since I doubt anyone has the answers, but something to contemplate.

Szeria

• RoI VIP
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:26 PM »
World Trade Center:

3000 dead 6000 injured

War of Afghanastan:

38000 civilians dead tens of thousand injured
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Pyro

• RoI VIP
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »
World Trade Center:

3000 dead 6000 injured

War of Afghanastan:

38000 civilians dead tens of thousand injured

Basically what Crystal cakes is trying to say here is, YOU DON'T FUCK WITH AMERICA.

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  America, fuck yea!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx