gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104318 Posts in 16326 Topics by 742 Members - Latest Member: Dacono April 19, 2024, 10:41:41 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  "Defensive Changes"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "Defensive Changes"  (Read 4324 times)

Skaazz

• RoI VIP
  • ,,|,
"Defensive Changes"
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
Defensive Changes:

Greetings all. Over the years, EverQuest has gone through many changes. Sometimes, these changes have had long-reaching effects the original designers could have never imagined. One of the biggest changes recently has been he dramatic scaling of NPC damage. In order to keep content challenging for raiders, the damage dished out by NPCs has increased to the point we're at today where only the mightiest of tanks can stand up to a difficult target for more than one round. Gone are the days when a caster who accidentally drew the attention of the enemy might have a chance to survive long enough for an experienced tank, or off-tank to draw agro and save the fleeing finger waggler. In our opinion, this has lessened the enjoyment of the game sufficiently that change is needed. Badly.

What kind of change you ask?

We will reduce NPC melee damage across the board. Primarily this would be raid NPCs, but there will be some group changes as well. In short, we want to return EQ to the days when a tank change didn't just mean how many people have to die before a tank can step in; when a caster drawing agro didn't just explode in a single hit. In short, making the game more survivable, more fun, and less punitive for even the smallest mistakes.

Along with the NPC dps reduction, the damage mitigation such as defensive, final stand, knights' mantle and carapace abilities would be overhauled so you still have some emergency situation abilities, but these would last for 18 seconds instead of the three minutes they do now. Warriors would retain their innate mitigation bonus over knights, and would receive a five percent mitigation advantage at 45% damage reduction, as well as an increase to agro generation while this ability is active. Knights will receive a flat 40% reduction ability with no damage caps, with added flavor of SK's adding a lifetap, while Paladins would receive an increase to their healing.

So what does this all mean to you?

Hopefully, more fun in the game again. We also NEED your help in testing the changes. This is obviously no small task. The changes will be pushed out to the test server for a couple months before being implemented on live servers. I can't stress enough how important this time will be for you to help us find any major problems. While we can account for most of the major changes, there is always a chance something will get missed.

Please note, the changes listed above are the MAJOR bullet points. I'm sure there will be more points of discussion and I'm absolutely open to talk about them. Most importantly, this path has NOT been set in stone. It is something we are discussing, but something I feel is very important to the game's health. We are VERY aware this is a big change, and we welcome your opinions on the matter.

Elidroth Renato
-----------------------------
Doug Cronkhite
Game Designer
Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

Pyro

• RoI VIP
Re: "Defensive Changes"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Porcinet

• RoI VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:57:04 PM »
I agree with what is said in that post: It was fun, as a caster, to be able to tank for a few seconds while a tank would try and get the agro again. That being said, this will make the raid/group encounters a lot easier. Hence, casters would not really need to pay attention at their agro since they would not die instantly after getting to the top of the agro list (Zefiris would LOVE this new feature though :P). Furthermore, this new damage setting is somehow against "nature". Indeed, why would a wizard or chanter, who wears cloth, be able to take more than one hit from a monsters before dying... that does not really make sense!

Lilbitbad

• RoI VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
I can normally take more than one hit from a baddie. lol

Nyuk (Yerm)

• RoI VIP
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
eq is hard

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:22:07 PM »
eq is hard

Modern EQ is super easy, unlike old zergquest, FOH are godszz!!!!!!!!!!!

Porcinet

• RoI VIP
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »
More then one hit or one round of attack? I remember having the best gear in game and being killed with 1-2 rounds of attack by many mobs in different raid encounters.

Lilbitbad

• RoI VIP
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
More then one hit or one round of attack? I remember having the best gear in game and being killed with 1-2 rounds of attack by many mobs in different raid encounters.
Yes. Unless its 8 mobs that people broke mez on all at once, or a raid mob that I'm tanking for several rounds. No I can't tank raid mobs but I can handle a couple hits from them at least without dying most of the time. I'm talking raid mobs. Group mobs, yes I can tank them if I have to, at least for a while.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:40:19 PM by Lilbitbad »

Porcinet

• RoI VIP
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 01:05:03 AM »

Yes. Unless its 8 mobs that people broke mez on all at once,
[/quote]
Like that ever happens in ROI! /sacarm off =P

Atvar

• RoI Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »
Getting 1 rounded is stupid for anyone.  I had the somnium 2 boss hit me for 75k in 1s because of stupid event mechanics mezzing or blurring the tank. 

Moordred

• RoI VIP
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »
LOL!!! Let me rephrase...

"Instead of creating more challenging/bug free content... we (SOE) will be fucking YOU in the ass by nerfing the shit out of you, your mom, and sister.

See you in the morning.
Eldroth the Assfucker

P.S. Don't make my eggs runny bitch!"

We get it. DC online didn't work out and you won't be able to fix the current content in EQ.  

Also, if guilds are having trouble with tank switches then address that issue (Don't fuck up the whole game).  Think outside the box maybe? Let's call ithe buff "Haid's shower buddy" or whatever.  Example Tank lline is Rune Moordred Goatflessh Pudg ect ect.... Rune is lead tank and I would be second. I cast a buff on Rune like DI (but it's "Haid's shower Buddy" buff) and if Rune dies to the boss it will instantly agro the next tank (Mooordred) and even throw in a 3 seconds fortitude proc off the buff.  Next tank after Moordred would cast the buff on me. This would let the guilds set up a tank order as long as a tank can handle their shit in the 3 second fort proc from the buff.

KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid
.... So fucking dumb.....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:23:51 AM by Moordred »

Zuul

• RoI VIP
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
Wow this sounds bad lmao. Maybe its the other way around Moordred, maybe DC is working out and they are trying to drive us away from this game lol. I hope the EQ people can squash this. We need to voice our minds on there boards it sounds like to me.

Bumdaorf

• RoI VIP
  • Been there, done that
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »
bringing back lidden to tank phase 3 plane of time, solid solid

same for yermum haha

i support the changes, inflation ruins games
"When I am surrounded troubles, you keep me safe. You oppose my angry enemies and save me by your power. You will do everything you have promised; Lord, your love is eternal. Complete the work that you have begun."

The one and only DaOrf

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1352186

Nyuk (Yerm)

• RoI VIP
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 03:42:01 AM »
I tanked tacvi like a boss!

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »
I tanked tacvi like a boss!

Best RoI tacvi moment = Nyuk kiting Zun'Muram Mordl Delt.

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  "Defensive Changes"

gfxgfx
gfx gfx