gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104270 Posts in 16321 Topics by 741 Members - Latest Member: Dacono March 28, 2024, 06:08:04 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Recruitment  |  Application Template
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Application Template  (Read 16276 times)

Qulas

• RoI App
Application Template
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »
Copy and paste the following into a PM with Tolzol, Astralx, Aldryn, and/or any other member of leadership. The title of the PM should have your name and class. To reiterate once more, your application is our very first impression of you. We will be judging you based on the time, thought, and effort you put into answering each question -- right down to complete and coherent sentences! In other words, make it look like you actually care and take some pride in what your first impression looks like.

Applications that do not heed the warnings above -- including those without a valid and updated Magelo profile! -- will be mocked mercilessly and subsequently deleted.

Name:

Level:

Class:

Race:

AA Count:

Magelo (up-to-date; full link; required):

Prior guild history (and reasons for leaving, previous 5 years at minimum):

Past raiding experience:

Can you make our raid times? What is your projected raid attendance?

Why do you want to join RoI?

Are you able to listen to, see, and withstand occasional profanity and/or crude humor and/or mature environments?

While talking in Discord is not a requirement, are you willing to download Discord to listen to raid instructions?

List anything else you want us to know:

Thank you for your interest in Realm of Insanity, and best of luck!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 03:24:25 PM by Sancus »

Qulas

• RoI App
Re: Application Template
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
The following is an example of a good application.

Name: Twincaster

Class: Wizard

AA Count (including veteran AAs): 1105, 5.8 years entitled

Race: Not a fucking Vah Shir!

Magelo (up-to-date; full link; required): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/10101010

Prior guild history (and reasons for leaving): Arisen Once More (didn't raid enough for my tastes), Norrathian Buttgrabbers (personal conflict with guild leader).

Past raiding experience: On this server, I raided whatever expansion the guilds were on. (As you know, most guilds are light years behind, in terms of expansions). Most recently, it was Anguish/Demi. Had done everything up to that. I’m no stranger to raiding – though I don’t have the more recent expansion experience, I’ve been playing this game since 1999/2000, and have raided with top raiding guilds on Firiona Vie and Antonius Bayle. Of course, the top expansions at the time were PoP, GoD, etc. But as far as a crisp understanding of high-end raiding and my role in it – I think I can hang.

Can you make our raid times? What is your projected raid attendance? I can definitely raid four nights a week; usually five. I travel to third world countries (e.g., Canada) on business twice a year for 10 days at a time – I’ll always give plenty of notice and make up as much "raid time" as I can to maintain the 80% requirement.

Why do you want to join RoI? I've tried the "casual" raiding guilds, and unfortunately, there’s just way too much "casual" and not enough "raiding." At level 85, I don't want to raid green content just for the sake of finishing an expansion. To me, that’s a total waste. I appreciate and respect the guilds that prefer to roll that way – but I don't. I want to raid content fitting of my level and total playing experience. I'm also looking to test my skills and "push the envelope" – not play it safe and just give up on a target because it’s "too hard." That's not how I play the game, and not the type of guild I seek. No risk, no reward.

Are you able to withstand and/or put out occasional verbal abuse? I'm incredibly thick-skinned but also have a good sense of humor. If we're performing poorly or people are unfocused I expect the raid leader to whip us into shape.

List anything else you want us to know: I have grouped with many RoI folks over the years. Often, while soloing/factioning/etc., RoI is the only guild in the zone, and sometimes I'm invited into groups for faction efficiency purposes. Though my AA count is low, I believe they're well-placed, and I do have all that's required (according to your post). As I have just dinged 85, I will be working on max crit/improved familiar AAs first and foremost. Piling on the AAs won’t be a problem, whether grouping or soloing.

Thanks for your consideration.

Qulas

• RoI App
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
The following is an example of a bad application. If yours looks anything like this it will be promptly deleted.

Name: Testy Mctesterson

Class: Idkmybffjill

AA Count (including veteran AAs):560

Race : Vah Shir baby!

Magelo (up-to-date; full link; required): magelo sync is down, I'll have this soon

Prior guild history (and reasons for leaving): SL, BP, WoL

Past raiding experience: everything

Can you make our raid times? What is your projected raid attendance? I have bowling league every tuesday so I'll miss that.  A lot of nights I like to watch Monday Night Football so will miss mondays sometimes also.

Why do you want to join RoI? Get loot.

Are you able to withstand and/or put out occasional verbal abuse? yes

List anything else you want us to know: I wear pants

Qulas

• RoI App
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:39:08 AM by Sottovoce »

Qulas

• RoI App
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:18:07 AM »