gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Realm of Insanity's Guild Messageboards - A guild on the EverQuest server: Xegony

gfx gfx
gfx
104340 Posts in 16331 Topics by 743 Members - Latest Member: Dashx May 06, 2024, 01:09:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  eq live banned :(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eq live banned :(  (Read 10495 times)

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
eq live banned :(
« on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »
Calpal,

As a result of numerous forum rules violations, including personal attacks, trolling, and non constructive posting, your posting privileges on the Official EverQuest Forums have been permanently suspended. Over the last 2 days you have had a number of posts with forum rules violations, some of which include:

“I think somewhere around AA #20,000 you fried a circuit or two. But since I'm also getting paid to be a warm body right now, while I'm wasting my time responding to you, I might as well post this”
-Trolling/Personal Attack

“ITG: people getting banned for innocuous gameplay! players in fear for their accounts! mass hysteria and rioting! an online experience like no other, brought to you by Sony Online Entertainment!
YOU'RE IN OUR WORLD NOW”
-Trolling

“There's no board rule against disrespecting anonymous cowards. Trolls are trolls regardless of whether someone calls them out on it.
e.g., whether Firiona.Fuvi is anonymous and/or a troll is an exercise left to the reader.”
-Attacking posters who use handles other than in game character names

“What wasn't constructive about saying that in general, people don't respect anonymous trolls?”
-Discussing moderation and attacking posters who use handles other than in game character names

“He's lying to save face. That's his job description.”
-Personal attack

“The moral of the story is that SOE is too inept to even pretend to do anything about the major widespread hacking in this game, and when they do make feeble attempts at it, they end up spending the next month dedicating their entire CS department to unbanning people.
-Personal Attack on SOE and Trolling

“I'm really not sure whether to buy into the "SOE is so evil that they permit MQ so they can make money," or the "SOE is so dumb that they couldn't stop hacking if they tried." I really want to believe the first one, but they make it so hard when they can't do the smallest thing without screwing something up.”
-Personal Attack on SOE

“why would you think someone that has Down's Syndrome would just go around licking windows? That's incredibly offensive. I've reported your post and may God have mercy on your soul.”
-Trolling

“You must be confusing me with your babysitter.”
-Personal Attack

“If I want to know the best brand of cat food then I'll ask for your opinion.”
-Personal Attack/Trolling

“There are those who suggest that SOE explicitly allows cheating because stopping it completely, which they have the power to do, would significantly undercut their bottom line.”
-Trolling

“nobody respects anon trolls”
-Attacking posters who use handles other than in game character names

If you wish to appeal this suspension, please contact [email protected]

Regards,
Eric “Piestro” Cleaver
Community Relations Manager EverQuest
Sony Online Entertainment

Was a fun 3 days of posting though.

Pyro

• RoI VIP
Re: eq live banned :(
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »
LOL :(

Pyro

• RoI VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:06:09 AM »
I got banned too.

You have been banned.
Continued trolling regarding the completion of the VoA expansion after specifically being warned on this subject

Didn't realize there was penalty for success nise.

Trikkii

• RoI VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
Grats!
Grats....
Grats?

Philphans

• RoI VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »
calpal you can continue to troll with mudta's account if you like. I think the handle is ghost of philphans

suck my **Halfling** calixto

Bengalee

• RoI VIP
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:20 AM »
I got banned too.

You have been banned.
Continued trolling regarding the completion of the VoA expansion after specifically being warned on this subject

Didn't realize there was penalty for success nise.

Never a penalty for success.  Penalty is for excessive showboating.

Wonton

• RoI VIP
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »
This is quality.  Thank you for sharing, sir.

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 02:20:22 AM »
calpal you can continue to troll with mudta's account if you like. I think the handle is ghost of philphans

That's okay, I've had my fun. There are bigger boards to troll, as it were.

Szeria

• RoI VIP
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:05:28 AM by Szeria »
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Calixto

• RoI VIP
  • Qulas's crush
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 02:46:39 AM »
This is the e-mail I sent Piestro.

Eric,

You know as well as I do that every single one of those posts was within the forum rules, with the possible exception of the one response to a personal attack on me. But I'm not really interested in disputing semantics. What troubles me much more is the fact that some higher-up at SOE is hiding behind you to enforce a ban on a paying customer who is speaking openly and frankly about the state of the game. Though I make no claims to free speech on SOE's forums, this action vindicates all my prior assumptions about the dysfunction at your company.

I know from talking to you in the past that you're a pretty reasonable guy, and I never envied your task of cleaning up after Kiara's mess. But you must recognize your social responsibility to stand up to the injustices that your company is levying on its customers. These have amassed to a point well beyond plausible deniability: anyone who chooses to represent SOE does so with knowledge that his company consistently disrespects, deceives, and defrauds its clients.

I am not going to appeal this ban, because I have no interest in appeasing the solitary judge, jury and executioner, whoever he is. But I hope that some day you realize the "trolls" are the voices of reason, and thereafter choose to work for an honest and forthright employer. Anything less is a dereliction of moral duty.

Have a nice weekend. :)

Paul

Daarcher

• RoI VIP
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
Good thing perma bans, zero tolerance... whatever you want to call it... mean roughly 3-5 business days over at SoE HQ.

Zerkea

• RoI VIP
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 02:56:13 AM »
Yep, just poofed.  Did you get banned? :)

Szeria

• RoI VIP
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:00:12 AM »
not yet
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Zerkea

• RoI VIP
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:02:25 AM »

Szeria

• RoI VIP
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 03:03:40 AM »
i did, see my link above ^

Realm of Insanity  |  General Category  |  Public  |  eq live banned :(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx